Anchovy Fish (Netheeli Meen) – Brace yourself for the amazing Netheeli Meen fry recipe
Anchovy Fish fry (Nethili Fish Fry ) tastes awesome and spicy and is loved by all fish lovers. Nethili Meen fry remains an outstanding starter and side dish for your main course and also can serve as an evening snack during the rainy/cold season.
Cuisine: South Indian, Tamil Nadu
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 500 grams Anchovy Fish
- Water as required
- Oil for frying
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Rice flour – 3 tablespoon
- Salt as required
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
Preparation of Nethili Meen fry:
- Rinse the Anchovies well in turmeric water and clean them.
- In order to marinate the anchovies, add them to a mixing bowl and add the pepper powder, turmeric powder, cornflour, rice flour, ginger garlic paste and salt.
- Finely mix the ingredients such that they form a layer over the anchovies and keep them aside for 15 mins.
- Heat the Kadai with the oil required for frying. Now add the marinated anchovy fish in batches to the oil for frying.
- In order to get crispy anchovy fries, flip them and fry the same until they change into golden brown colour.
- Serve the spicy and crispy fries with fried curry leaves, lemon and onion slices.