Lakshmi Stores, and any of their trading companies are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2019. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more professional.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- How and why Lakshmi Stores collect information from you;
- With whom we share your information, why and on what basis; and
- What your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Lakshmi Stores will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, Lakshmi Stores determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
If you need to contact us please write to us:
Data Protection Officer Lakshmi Stores, 01 Gloster Street, Wilmorton, Derby, DE24 8WS or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 16th Jan 2019.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you buy products from us, you are entered into a contract with us. You need to set up a Lakshmi Stores Account before ordering from us, so we can set up this we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
- Full name
- Address (and previous addresses)
- Date of birth
- Contact numbers, and
- Email address.
In order to undertake website personalisation, we will also gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile), and this may include IP address. For further information on use of our cookies and tracking please see our Cookie Notice.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract - Your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your Directory catalogue.
- Legitimate Interests - This means the interests of Lakshmi Stores in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as Partners.
- Legal Obligation – Where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|Why We Use Your Personal Information For||Our Reasons (Legal Basis)|
|Set up your Lakshmi Stores account||• Legitimate interest|
|Process your orders||• Fulfilling a contract|
|Notify you about your order status.||• Legitimate interest|
|Manage your account/ provide customer services to you. This may include: transfers to Third Countries who undertake customer services/communications activities call recording data verification customer complaints/queries||• Legal obligation/ Legitimate interests (depending on nature of services)|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising.||• Legitimate interests|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||• Legitimate interests|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research.||• Legitimate interests|
|Maintaining network and data security||• Legitimate interests|
|Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information and research||• Legitimate interests|
With whom we share your information and why ?
Lakshmi Stores works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Lakshmi Stores works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Lakshmi Stores works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Lakshmi Stores works with business who support our website and other business systems.
Lakshmi Stores works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage all your payments.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request to know your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Transfers to third countries
Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries such as India and the US. This is a transfer to a “third country”. For example Lakshmi Stores has a business relationship with Lakshmi Stores support together with customer and supplier account administration services. Although the data is held in UK data centres colleagues in India may access it to undertake the activities described above.
If you place an order with us and you are outside of the UK that data will be hold in the UK.
Lakshmi Stores also works with suppliers and partners who may make use of cloud and/or hosted technologies. We undertake data security due diligence on our partners and ensure that these partners conform to appropriate accreditations.
Wherever transfers of data to third counties occurs Lakshmi Stores will put in place an appropriate contractual provisions to ensure that there are strict rules regarding both the confidentiality and security of your information. To find out more please contact us at email@example.com
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Lakshmi Stores will not share your information with companies outside of Lakshmi Stores for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you to not receive this marketing information you can request us to stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer to :the address provided above, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the Contact Centre on 03300432328, via My Account or unsubscribe link within the email.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- In limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Lakshmi Stores, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact Call Centre 03300432328
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, or in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you to understand what cookies are, how Lakshmi Stores uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Next Directory Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Next uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Next uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Next) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/ . For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Next allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. Next is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes.
|Google Tag Manager|
|Yahoo DOT Tag|
|Facebook Custom Audiences|
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 30 Nov 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
If you need to contact us please write to us:
Data Protection Officer Lakshmi Stores Limited, 01 Gloster Stree, Wilmorton, Derby, DE24 8WS or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.