Mangoes are luscious fruits with various health benefits. They are really well-liked by all throughout the world. Mango (Mangifera indica), a tropical fruit that belongs to the Anacardiaceae family and is one of the most significant and generally obtained fruits in the world. A fleshy outer part surrounds a shell, or pit, in this type of plant. Vitamins A, C, and D are plentiful in mangoes. Mango trees are native to southern Asia, particularly Myanmar and India's Assam province.
HOW DOES IT GROW?
The mango does not require any special soil, but a well-defined dry season will encourage better types of fruit production. Anthracnose, a fungal disease that damages flowers and young fruits in rainy places, is difficult to control. Grafting or budding are the two methods of propagation. More effective procedures, such as veneer grafting and chip budding, have been developed and are now utilized commercially in Florida.
Mango has numerous health benefits such as age-generated muscular degeneration, cures diabetes, treats cancer. Mangoes also support hair health, as they provide a good amount of vitamin A.
- Fresh mango has a lower sugar content and so you'll probably lower your risk of acquiring diabetes.
- Mango's low calorie density makes it an excellent choice for calorie restriction while yet feeling full and pleased.
- Lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin A are blended in large quantities in Mangoes. Lack of vitamin A can cause vision problems, but lutein and zeaxanthin can help protect your eyes from the sun.
- Mango aids with immune function, iron absorption, cell growth, and repair as it is low in calories but high in nutrients.
- Mango's mangiferin(Polyphenol) acts as an antioxidant that helps to keep your body healthy.
- Mango polyphenols may aid in the prevention of oxidative stress, which has been linked to a number of diseases, including cancer.
- Digestion is aided by the presence of digestive enzymes, water, dietary fiber, and other components in mango.
TYPES OF MANGO
There are about 1,000 varieties of mangoes in the globe that grow in hot, tropical climate countries like India and Africa, but each has its own distinct flavour and texture. Here are six of the most popular mangoes around the globe: Alphonsos, Badami, Chausa, Langra, Neelum, Aamrpali, Malda, Banganapalli, and Dasheri are the most well-known mango types in India.
HOW DO WE STORE MANGO?
Every mango variety is different, but the colour of the fruit frequently changes as it ripens. As it ripens, it also softens and becomes sweeter.
- Mangoes that aren't ripe should be kept at room temperature.
- Place them in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
- Put them in the fridge after they're ripe to slow down the ripening process.
- Refrigerate ripe mangoes for up to 5 days in their whole shape.
- If peeled and sliced, mangoes can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. If maintained in an airtight container, cubed mangoes can be frozen for up to 6 months.
- It's better to eat the mangoes in its fresh and newly ripened state rather than storing it for later use.
WHAT ARE DIFFERENT WAYS TO EAT MANGO?
Raw Mango Rasam, Corn and Raw Mango Salad, Chilled Mango Cheesecake, Mango and Mint Kheer, Eggless Mango Mousse, Aam Shrikhand with Mango Salad, Mango Rice, Mango Ice Cream, Mango Lassi, Mango Raita, Mango Puttu are some of the mouth tickling dishes that can be made with this yellow radiant fruit.
WHERE CAN YOU GET INDIAN MANGOES ONLINE IN THE UK ?
Lakshmi Stores in the United Kingdom delivers you the fruits of your mother's homeland straight to your hands. Mangoes are delicious, luscious fruits with a variety of health benefits. Each kind of mango has its own flavour and texture, so experiment with several varieties at different stages of ripeness and throughout the year. You've suddenly developed a craving for mangoes! Just a click away, Lakshmi stores, UK the indian online grocery store, sells seasonal mangoes at an inexpensive price during seasonal periods. Purchase mangoes at Lakshmi Stores in the United Kingdom and enjoy their deliciousness.