Koduva meen or Sea Bass or Barramundi/Indian Seabass Fish (Karunthirali Meen) – Malabar Sea Bass Fish curry is here to serve you a delightful fish meal
Sea bass fish is the favourite for most fish lovers. Malabar Sea Bass fish curry is a delightful fish meal that can be prepared by these simple steps.
Cooking time: 60 mins
Course: Main dish
Serving: 2 people
- Sea Bass cuts- 120grams
- Salt as required
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Coriander – 5grams
- Coriander seeds – 30
- Mustard seeds – 1gram
- Curry leaves – few
- Red Chilli – 50grams
- Coconut oil – 10ml
- Coconut milk – 1cup
- Tamarind pulp – 5ml
Preparation of Malabar Sea Bass Fish curry:
- Marinate the Sea Bass cuts with salt, turmeric, lime and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Soak the whole coriander seeds and red chilli in water for at least 3 to 4 hours and boil the same. Make it into a paste and strain it.
- In a pan add coconut oil, Chopped onions, mustard seeds, curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste. These ingredients must be cooked till they reach a translucent stage.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to them and stir well.
- Add the tamarind pulp.
- Add the strained paste and cook well.
- Add fish curry cuts and cook the gravy for 20 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, add the coconut milk to it and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now fry mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli in coconut oil separately.
- Garnish the curry with chopped coriander and the fried curry leaves and serve it.