GRAINS - Sources of Important Nutrients
Grass seeds that are grown for food are known as grains. These organisms are also referred to as grains. Some examples of grains are rice, wheat, and oats. Each grain, commonly referred to as a kernel, is made up of three parts:Bran - The bran is a kernel's hard outside coat. The majority of the kernel's fibre is present there. Additionally, vitamins and minerals are present.
Germ - The germ is the part of a plant that shoots. Numerous vitamins, healthy fats, and other organic plant components are included in it.
Endosperm - The seed gets its energy from the endosperm. Mostly starches make up this substance. Although in small amounts, proteins and vitamins are present. The endosperm hardly contains any fibre.
- Whole grains. All of the grain's components are present in whole grains. Whole grain flour is made by grinding whole grains. Whole grains have existed since the Stone Age. They are grown all over the world and are consumed daily by millions of people. Whole grains come in many varieties, with some examples including wheat, oats, rice, barley, millet, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, sorghum, teff, and other grains.
- Refined grains. Refined grains are stripped of their bran and germ. These grains' have better texture and longer food storage life . During this process, the fibre and countless other nutrients are entirely eliminated. White rice and refined grains are used to make the bulk of white breads, pastries, cakes, and crackers.
- Enriched grains. It is possible to reintroduce the nutrients eliminated from processed grains. The term "enriched grains" refers to these refined grains. For instance, refined rice loses fibre, vitamins, and minerals. These vitamins and minerals have been added back to enriched white rice. In most cases, fiber in enhanced grains is not replaced.
- Fortified grains. Additionally, foods may contain nutrients that are not normally present. Or the naturally occurring nutrients in food might be increased. Fortified foods are those that have these additional nutrients. For instance, folic acid and iron are often added to many breads and morning cereals.
Grains, commonly called ‘cereals’ or ‘cereal grains’, are the edible seeds of specific grasses. Wheat, oats, rice, corn, millets and sorghum are the most commonly eaten grains.
Benefits of whole-grain foods
Your overall health benefits from the vitamins and minerals included in whole grains. Additionally, lowering levels of harmful cholesterol may be aided by whole grains' high fibre content.
- Increasing amounts of healthy cholesterol
- Decreasing the insulin level.
- Bringing down blood pressure
- Generating a sense of fullness that can aid in controlling or losing weight.
- Eradicate Heart and blood vessel diseases.
- Helps in tackling Stroke
- Cures Type 2 diabetes.
WHERE DO YOU BUY GRAINS in the UK?
Lakshmi Stores,UK sells a wide variety of Grains from top graded brands like Udhayam, Heera, Sri Durga, FUDCO, Tata Sampann, Niru, Natures, Island sun to ease the work of the moms who wish to replenish her family with great healthy and high nutrition. There are many good reasons to eat more millets , rice and products manufactured from these. They are nourishing, low in fat, and good for your health. Lakshmi Stores, UK has a huge selection of the highest quality grains and Rice in the UK. The variety of grains and rice offered by Lakshmi Stores, UK, meet all dietary requirements and are available in organic, gluten-free, and diabetes-friendly flour varieties.