Black Pomfret & Gold Pomfret (Vavval Meen) – Spicy fish cravings are made spicier with Masala Fried Pomfret
Pomfret Fish are bundles of tasty mouth-watering fish fries. Masala Fried Pomfret is the easiest fish recipe that serves as a perfect side dish for your lunches.
Course: Side dish
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Pomfret Fish – 1
- Semolina to coat
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Ginger – 2 tablespoon
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Juiced lemon – 1
Preparation of Masala Pomfret fry (Vavval Meen Varuval):
- Add the following ingredients to a blender and mix well. The ingredients to be added are ginger, oil, turmeric powder, garlic, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Blend the ingredients well until you get a masala texture.
- Make little gashes on the surface of Pomfret and apply the masala evenly.
- Marinate the masala coated pomfret for 15 mins.
- Now coat the pomfret with semolina on both sides.
- Fry the marinated semolina coated pomfret in oil until they turn golden.
- Serve the golden Masala fried pomfret with sliced onions and lemon.