History and Origin of Indian Mangoes
The Indian mango, also known as the ‘King of Fruits’, is believed to have originated in India. It is mentioned in Hindu scriptures dating as far back as 4000 BC. The mango tree is native to the subcontinent of India and is widely grown in many tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
The mango has been cultivated in India for centuries and is one of the oldest known cultivated fruits. It is an important part of Indian cuisine and is widely used in the preparation of desserts and curries. The mango is a symbol of love and friendship in many cultures, and is said to bring luck to those who eat it.
The Indian mango is considered to be one of the most flavorful and fragrant varieties of mango in the world. It is known for its sweet, juicy, and aromatic flesh. The flesh of the Indian mango ranges in color from yellow to orange, and can vary depending on the variety.
Today, India is the world's largest producer of mangoes, with an estimated annual production of over 19 million metric tons. The Indian mango is highly valued for its taste and aroma, and is exported to many countries around the world.
Exploring The Different Variety of Indian Mangoes
There are many different varieties of Indian mangoes, each with unique characteristics and flavors. Some of the most popular varieties of Indian mangoes include Alphonso, Kesar, Totapuri, Banganapalli, Chaunsa, and Langra.
Alphonso is known for its sweet, creamy flavor and is one of the most expensive varieties of mangoes. It is a popular choice for making desserts, jams, and juices. Buy Alphonso Mangoes in UK from Lakshmi Stores, UK.
Kesar is known for its bright yellow color and is usually harvested in the summer months. Its sweet and sour taste makes it a great choice for making shakes, ice creams, and juices. Buy Kesar Mangoes in UK from Lakshmi Stores, UK.
Totapuri is a green mango, which is usually harvested in the summer months. It has a tart, acidic taste and is often used for making pickles and chutneys.
Banganapalli is a yellow-green mango that has a sweet, juicy flavor. It is one of the most popular varieties of mangoes in India and is used for making juices, desserts, and jams. Buy Banganapalli Mangoes in UK from Lakshmi Stores, UK.
Chaunsa is a yellow-green mango with a sweet, aromatic flavor. It is often used for making shakes, ice creams, and juices. Buy Totapuri Mangoes in UK from Lakshmi Stores, UK.
Benefits of Eating Indian Mangoes
- Rich in Nutrients: Indian mangoes are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
- Boosts Immunity: The high levels of vitamin C in Indian mangoes help boost the body’s natural immunity against infections and diseases.
- Improves Digestion: Indian mangoes are rich in dietary fiber, which helps improve digestion and prevents constipation.
- Weight Loss: Indian mangoes are low in calories and fat, making them an ideal snack for those who are trying to lose weight.
- Heart Health: The high levels of potassium and magnesium in Indian mangoes help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Skin Care: Indian mangoes are rich in antioxidants that can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. They can also help keep the skin looking young and healthy.
Tips For Picking The Perfect Indian Mangoes
- Choose mangoes that are firm but yield to gentle pressure. Avoid mangoes that are overly soft or squishy.
- Look for mangoes with a sweet aroma and check for any visible signs of mold or decay.
- Check the color of the mango, as it will give you an indication of how ripe it is. For Indian mangoes, look for a yellow-orange hue and avoid those with greenish tinges.
- Inspect the stem and see if it has any brown or black spots. This may indicate that the mango is not fresh.
- Shake the mango gently to see if there are any worms inside. If you hear a rattling sound, discard the mango.
- Finally, pick up the mango and feel its weight in your hand. If it feels too light, it is probably not ripe enough.
Celebrating The Deliciousness of Indian Mangoes
Mangoes are known as the king of fruits in India. Every year, the arrival of mangoes marks the start of summer. With its sweet, juicy and irresistible taste, mangoes are a favourite fruit of many. They are an important part of the Indian diet and are enjoyed in a variety of ways.
Mangoes are used to make chutneys, jams, juices, smoothies and desserts. They can also be eaten raw, grilled, or pickled. They are also used to make salads, curries and ice creams. Mangoes are also used to make a variety of traditional drinks like Aam Panna, Mango Lassi, and Mango Shakes.
Mangoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. They also contain minerals such as iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
Mangoes are also known for their medicinal properties. They are believed to help with digestion and are also thought to have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Mangoes are enjoyed for their sweet, delicious taste and for their health benefits. Celebrate the deliciousness of Indian mangoes by trying different recipes and enjoying them.
Where do you Buy Indian Mangoes in the UK?
Lakshmi Stores, UK have the freshest and ripest Indian mangoes available. Our Indian mangoes are hand-picked and are sure to provide the sweetest, juiciest and most delicious experience. We offer a wide variety of Indian mangoes such as Alphonso, Kesar and Banganapalli. Each mango is carefully selected and is sure to give you a satisfying experience. Our Indian mangoes are also packed with several essential vitamins and minerals that are essential for your health. They are high in vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. Celebrate the summer with Indian Mangoes from Lakshmi Stores, UK, the one stop destination for all your needs.